IP (Intellectual Property) Consulting Services
While an organization’s Intellectual Property is clearly an asset, it is not the type of asset that shows up on a balance sheet and has an agreed-to value, like cash-on-hand, receivables, inventory and real estate. IPOfferings can help small and large businesses, universities and other patent owners determine the value of their patents and other intellectual property, then assist in the development and implementation of a strategy to optimize and monetize those assets.
IPOfferings also works with businesses, universities and other organizations that need an independent analysis of their patent portfolios and assistance in the development and execution of an intellectual assets strategy and IP lifecycle system. Which patents should be sold? What IP should be licensed? Which may have no value, and so should be abandoned? Finally, what patents or other IP should be acquired that will strengthen your overall IP portfolio? The answers to these questions will shape your organization’s IP strategy.
IP Consulting Services:
- IP Strategy Recommendations and Implementation Plans
- Assessment of IP Assets and Valuation
- Patent Evaluation and Valuation
- Prioritize IP Assets
- Develop Action Plan for Transactions
- IP Transaction Services and Support
- Brokerage - Selling and Acquisition
- Patent and Technology Licensing
- M&A and Equity Investment Diligence
- Arbitration, Negotiation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
IP Strategy - Lifecycle:
- Assessment of IP Licensing Plans, Strategies, Organization and Resources, and Any Litigation Issues
- Provide IP Strategy for the Entire Lifecycle of IP
- Review R&D Strategy of Company
- Coordinate and Align with IP Strategy
- Define SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)
- Review R&D Strategy of Company
- Develop Strategic and Tactical IP Strategy
- Patent, Technology Know How, or Other
- Protective, Offensive and Defensive
- Efficient IP Portfolio Management
- Improve Return on Investment: Cost Center to Profit Center
- Recommend/Develop IP Action Plans
- Implement an IP Management System
- Patent Invention Strategy
- Transaction Monetization Plan
- Patent Acquisition Plan for Defensive and Offensive Purposes
- Patent Sales Plan
- Patent and Technology Licensing Strategy
- Finalize Actions and Establish Implementation Plans throughout the Organization
IPOfferings also works with businesses, universities and other organizations that need an independent analysis of their patent portfolios and assistance in the development and execution of an IP strategy. Which patents should be sold? What IP should be licensed? Which may have no value, and so should be abandoned? Finally, what patents or other IP should be acquired that will strengthen your overall IP portfolio? The answers to these questions will shape your organization's IP strategy.
Who Needs Patent Valuation Services?
A business that is being sold or going public needs to value its patents. A business acquiring another business needs to know the value of the intellectual property of the company it is acquiring. Investment bankers, venture capitalists, hedge funds, M&A firms and other institutions need to know the value of the intellectual property hidden within the other assets of companies in which they have invested, will invest or may loan money to. In all of these situations, IPOfferings can provide credible, reliable, third-party valuations for the due diligence process.
If you need assistance developing and executing an IP strategy that will help your organization optimize your IP assets, or you need to value a patent or patent portfolio, IPOfferings has the resources, talent and expertise to assist you. Contact us at 561-948-0672 or firstname.lastname@example.org.